At the Law Office of David Galison, P.C., the defense of traffic tickets is taken extremely seriously. Although most traffic tickets are not criminal in nature the consequences of a conviction can have long lasting effects. Traffic offense convictions can lead to any one of, or a combination of the following:
- Suspended or Revoked Driver’s License
- Increased Auto Insurance Premiums
- Cancellation of Auto Insurance Policy
- Imposition of the DMV Driver’s Responsibility Assesment Fee
- Points on your Driver’s License
If you have received a traffic ticket, call the Law Office of David Galison, P.C. for a free phone consultation. During the call, we will let you know how many points you are charged with, the anticipated outcome and what our fee will be to handle the matter. We will then email you an authorization to sign that often allows us to go to court on your behalf to handle the ticket without your presence being necessary.
Point Chart Courtesy of David Galison, P.C.
|Speeding (mph over posted limit)|
|1-10 or unspecified speed||3|
|Failing to Stop for School Bus||5|
|Following Too Closely (tailgating)||4|
|Failing to Yield Right of Way||3|
|Disobeying Traffic Control Signal, Violation involving traffic signal, stop sign or yield sign||3|
|Railroad Crossing Violation||3|
|Improper Passing Unsafe lane change, Improper lane use.||3|
|Leaving Scene of Accident (property damage or Animal injury)||3|
|Safety Restraint Violation involving person under age 16||3|
|Inadequate Brakes (while driving employers’ vehicle)||2|
|Any other moving violation||2|
• 11 points in 18 months still results in DMV license suspension/revocation hearing. Points are assessed as of violation date. • Three speeding violations in 18 months still result in mandatory license revocation, regardless of points. • Point values in effect as of July 1, 1988. Source: NYS Department of Motor Vehicles
The failure to answer a traffic ticket can result in the suspension of your driver’s license. If you are subsequently pulled over by the police for a traffic violation you can be arrested and charged with a criminal offense.
Do you have a Legal Problem? Have you received a Traffic Ticket?