The defense of a criminal case can be complex and confusing to the accused. At the Law Office of David Galison, P.C., a Free Consultation is provided during which the various stages of a criminal prosecution will be explained to you. During this meeting, your rights and defenses to a criminal charge will be discussed in detail. Often times, these discussions include the following:
- Your rights during the initial arrest process.
- How the arraignment will be conducted, and the purpose of bail.
- Eligibility for a Hardship Hearing if your Driver’s License is suspended pending prosecution.
- Preparation for the Department of Motor Vehicle’s Refusal Hearing if you allegedly refused to submit to a chemical test of your blood, breath or urine.
- Plea bargaining guidelines and the benefits and risks of going to trial.
- Discovery demands and the time frames in which they are due.
- Pre-Trial motions, hearings and related issues.
- The use of experts and private investigators when necessary.
- Pre-Trial preparation and trial strategy.
- Possible consequences of a DWI conviction or plea.
During the Free Consultation, any questions and concerns that you may have will be addressed. The meeting will focus on your case specific circumstances because it is only after being fully informed that you will be in a position to make an educated decision about how to proceed with your case.